Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vaccination Schedule: Ages 0-6 Years

D recently went to the doctor for his 15 month old checkup and vaccinations. I had to search to find information on what shots he needed and what's coming up and figured that I am not the only one who doesn't always have this kind of information handy.

Note that I am not a medical doctor. I am simply relaying information to you that has been provided by my own doctor and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).



This chart shows the recommended guidelines for which age each vaccination is indicated for. Doctors have specific information regarding vaccination timing and each one works within their own judgement (and in cooperation with parents) to determine when each child should be given appropriate vaccinations.

Much more information regarding vaccinations to come including what each one is for and the many controversies surrounding their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment